Getting Dental Implants in Las Vegas is an excellent replacement for missing teeth. These unique implants securely and permanently join artificial tooth roots to the jawbone using a special plastic called dental cement. Once the implant has been properly attached, natural tooth socket growth and nerve formation will hide the implant from view until it is time for your replacement teeth to come in. If you want to learn more about dental implants as an option for tooth replacement, then you’ve come to the right place!
This article provides detailed insight into what dental implants are, their benefits, risks, costs, and various factors when choosing an implant clinic. Keep reading to learn everything you need to know about this popular tooth restoration method.
What Are Dental Implants?
Dental implants are artificial tooth roots that are surgically implanted into the jawbone to permanently replace missing teeth. In many cases, dental implants successfully achieve placement in the jawbone, where they are securely anchored.
Dental Implants are titanium screws that go into the jaw that bio integrates. The majority are titanium.
Types of Dental Implants
There are three different types of dental implants that can be made: titanium, zirconia, or ceramic. Each type of implant has its own benefits and drawbacks.
- Titanium implants are the most common type of dental implant. They are strong and durable, and they can last for many years. However, titanium implants may be expensive and require special care.
- Zirconia implants are a newer type of dental implant. Made from a strong, white material that looks like natural teeth. Zirconia implants are less likely to cause irritation to the gums than titanium implants, and they can be cheaper. However, zirconia implants may not last as long as titanium implants.
- Ceramic implants are the least common type of dental implant. Made from a strong, white material that looks like natural teeth. Ceramic implants are less likely to cause irritation to the gums than titanium or zirconia implants, and they can be cheaper. However, ceramic implants may not last as long as titanium.
Once the implant is placed in the bone, it may or may not need bone grafting or augmentation. Implants are like planting a tree. You have to let the roots set after it is placed. This process is called Osseointegration.
Osseointegration is the medical term for the fusion process that occurs while a patient recovers from dental implant surgery. The tissues of the jaw will grow around the implant and give it additional strength and stability. Osseointegration is a process that is required for successful dental implant treatment. Dental implants will never be strong enough to support dental restorations without osseointegration.
We say that implants are like planting a tree because the process can take about 4-6 months. After an impression is made, then a crown can be placed over the implant.
Why Use Dental Implants?
Patients using Dental Implants in Las Vegas have many benefits over traditional removable dentures, including:
- Long-Term Treatment
- Unlike removable dentures, dental implants do not require daily adjustments and cleaning. As a result, patients can enjoy a more comfortable and worry-free lifestyle and the benefit of improved oral hygiene.
- No Jaw Surgery
- Another advantage of dental implants is that they do not require jaw surgery. That means that patients do not have to worry about the possibility of infection or damage to their nerves.
Advantages Of Dental Implants
- Permanent Replacement – Dental implants provide a long-lasting solution for tooth loss. Unlike traditional bridges or dentures, dental implants last a lifetime.
- Natural Look – These implants blend seamlessly with your existing teeth, which means you can enjoy the functional and esthetic benefits of teeth with the same appearance. That means you can eat, drink, and speak easily as if you had never experienced tooth loss.
- No Oral Health Issues
- Another advantage of dental implants is that patients who suffer from Periodontal disease can use them. That means you do not have to be concerned about gum disease or other oral health issues using dental implants.
Risks Of Dental Implants
- Complications during surgery – Complications that may arise during implant surgery include damage to the jawbone, infection, nerve injury, and device failure. The American Dental Association (ADA) reports that less than 1% of all dental implant surgeries experience complications.
- Device failure- Device failure is another potential risk of using dental implants. That risk is highest for people with implants that have been in place for less than ten years. The good news is that most studies show that the failure rate of dental implants slowly decreases over time.
- Cost – Finally, one of the most significant risks of dental implants is the cost of treatment. That is because dental implants are more expensive than traditional dental restorations, as well as less durable than other types of restorations.
Cost Of Dental Implants
The cost of dental implants varies depending on a variety of factors, including the type of implant used, the surgeon, and the clinic. The average cost of dental implants ranges from $6,000 to $7,000. However, there are many dental implant clinics that offer affordable treatment options. To learn more about how much dental implant treatment costs, then you will want to consider the following factors. First, it is important to choose the right implant type for your specific condition.
Dental Implants in Las Vegas are an excellent option for replacing missing teeth. Designed to securely and permanently join artificial tooth roots to the jawbone using a special plastic called dental cement. Once the implant has been properly attached. Natural tooth socket growth and nerve formation will hide the implant from view until it is time for your replacement teeth to come in. If you want to learn more about dental implants as an option for tooth replacement, then you’ve come to the right place! This article provides detailed insight into what dental implants are, their benefits, risks, costs, and various factors when choosing an implant clinic.
So if you need new dental implants or want to improve your smile, then visit Hybrid-Dental.